Click to search the document 
Skip Navigation Links
Home
About us
Subscribe
Calendar
Minutes
StandardsExpand Standards
ProjectsExpand Projects
Tech. ReportsExpand Tech. Reports
DocumentsExpand Documents
FTP Site
Links
Rules
Reflector
Doc/Admin
Doc. Number Title Author Sub. Date
f16163r2
T13 Kona SNIA Liaison Report

Update on latest SNIA documents and activities

Arnold Jones / Bill Martin 12/15/16

f16136r5
ZAC-2 Device Statistics

ZAC-2 Device Statistics

Jim Hatfield 12/15/16

f16123r14
Repurposing Depopulation

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element. Contains changes from F2F of 2016 Dec 14

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 12/14/16

f16168r1
Sanitize in Process Sense Code

Defines Sanitize in Process Sense Code.

Daniel Hubbard 12/14/16

f16168r0
Sanitize in Process Sense Code

Defines Sanitize in Process Sense Code.

Daniel Hubbard 12/14/16

f16136r4
ZAC-2 Device Statistics

ZAC-2 Device Statistics

Jim Hatfield 12/14/16

f16136r3
ZAC-2 Device Statistics

ZAC-2 Device Statistics

Jim Hatfield 12/14/16

f16123r13
Repurposing Depopulation

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element. Contains changes from F2F of 2016 Dec 13

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 12/14/16

f16123r12
Repurposing Depopulation

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element. Contains embedded comments from F2F of 2016 Dec 13

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 12/13/16

f16157r1
SMART Attributes Project Proposal

This project documents industry consensus on SMART attributes and their definition

Curtis E. Stevens 12/09/16

f16165r0
ACS-4 Log changes for ZAC-2

ACS-4 Log changes for ZAC-2

Jim Hatfield 12/01/16

f16151r2
ZAC-2 Misc changes

Misc. changes to ZAC-2

Jim Hatfield 12/01/16

f16166r0
ACS-4 Draft Review Commentss

Documents editorial changes accepted during ACS-4 editorial review

Curtis E. Stevens 11/30/16

agenda122r0
Agenda for plenary 122: December 2016

Agenda for plenary 122: December 2016

Jim Hatfield 11/30/16

f16140r2
New Data Set Management Attributes Proposal for ACS-4

This proposal discusses the need and details for extending the currently defined Data Set Management (DSM) attributes.

Nathan Obr 11/29/16

f16103r5
T10 Liaison Report for November 2016

2016 T10 Liaison Reports to T13

Ralph Weber 11/21/16

f16123r11
Repurposing Depopulation

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element. Merely r10 with comments integrated. Doc still claims to be r10 in header material.

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 11/21/16

f16159r2
Sense Code Definitions

Clause 6 has a bunch of empty definitions for sense codes, this proposal fills them in

Curtis E. Stevens 11/16/16

f16159r1
Sense Code Definitions

Clause 6 has a bunch of empty definitions for sense codes, this proposal fills them in

Curtis E. Stevens 11/14/16

f16123r10
Repurposing Depopulation

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element. furether review comments

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 11/03/16

f16164r0
DOWNLOAD MICROCODE Mode 0Fh COUNT Change

Proposal to make a change to ACS-4 to correct a directive for DOWNLOAD MICROCODE COUNT setting after the Activate SubCmd is sent

Benjamin Wolpoff 10/20/16

f16163r1
T13 ABQ SNIA Liaison Report

Update on latest SNIA documents and activities

Arnold Jones / Bill Martin 10/20/16

f16163r0
T13 ABQ SNIA Liaison Report

Update on latest SNIA documents and activities

Arnold Jones / Bill Martin 10/20/16

f16162r1
T13 IR

NWIP for ISO version of ACS-3

Fred Knight 10/19/16

f16162r0
T13 IR

NWIP for ISO version of ACS-3

Fred Knight 10/19/16

f16161r0
T13 International Representative

ISO report for JTC1/N13175

Fred Knight 10/19/16

f16153r2
Data Preserving Depopulation

Model and commands to enable Data Preserving Depopuation

Joe Breher 10/19/16

f16156r1
Device Statistics Log Page Revision Errata

The REVISION NUMBER field of the General Statistics log page appears to have reverted to 0001h where it was previously set to 0002h in ACS-2.

Patrick Hery 10/18/16

f16123r9
Repurposing Depopulation

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element. furether review comments

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 10/17/16

f16123r8
Repurposing Depopulation

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element. furether review comments

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 10/17/16

f13107r36
ACS-4 Issues List

Issues tracking for ACS-4

Curtis E. Stevens 10/14/16

f16159r0
Sense Code Definitions

Clause 6 has a bunch of empty definitions for sense codes, this proposal fills them in

Curtis E. Stevens 10/14/16

ISO-IECJTC1_N13175r0
JTC 1 N 13175, SC 25 Request to allow NP approval with less than

JTC 1 N 13175, SC 25 Request to allow NP approval with less than five nominated technical experts.

INCITS 10/13/16

f16158r0
SMART Attribute Description

The SMART subsystem has become obsolete, but many systems continue to use this feature. One of the issues with this feature is that all of the SMART Attributes are vendor specific. This document does not change that, but describes the most common implementations

Curtis E. Stevens 10/04/16

f16151r1
ZAC-2 Misc changes

Misc. changes to ZAC-2

Jim Hatfield 10/04/16

f16136r2
ZAC-2 Device Statistics

ZAC-2 Device Statistics

Jim Hatfield 10/04/16

f13152r10
ACS-4 Codepoints Tracking

Spreadsheet of assigned codepoints, log offsets, etc.

Ralph Weber 10/03/16

f13107r35
ACS-4 Issues List

Issues tracking for ACS-4

Curtis E. Stevens 10/03/16

agenda121r1
Agenda for plenary 121: October 2016

Agenda for plenary 121: October 2016

Jim Hatfield 10/03/16

f16157r0
SMART Attributes Project Proposal

This project documents industry consensus on SMART attributes and their definition

Curtis E. Stevens 09/30/16

f16123r7
Repurposing Depopulation

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element. furether review comments

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 09/29/16

f16156r0
Device Statistics Log Page Revision Errata

The REVISION NUMBER field of the General Statistics log page appears to have reverted to 0001h where it was previously set to 0002h in ACS-2.

Patrick Hery 09/27/16

f16103r4
T10 Liaison Report for September 2016

2016 T10 Liaison Reports to T13

Ralph Weber 09/27/16

agenda121r0
Agenda for plenary 121: October 2016

Agenda for plenary 121: October 2016

Jim Hatfield 09/20/16

f16153r1
Data Preserving Depopulation

Model and commands to enable Data Preserving Depopuation

Joe Breher 09/13/16

f16136r1
ZAC-2 Device Statistics

ZAC-2 Device Statistics

Jim Hatfield 08/17/16

f16128r2
Clarifications on NCQ encapsulation

Clarifications on NCQ encapsulation

Jim Hatfield 08/17/16

f16122r4
ACS-4 Random Write Resources Used statistic

Random Write Resources Used device statistic

Jim Hatfield 08/17/16

f16100r4
ACS-4 Volatile cache interactions

ACS-4 Volatile cache interactions (based on F15144 for ZAC)

Jim Hatfield 08/17/16

f16155r0
SNIA Liaison Report

August T13 Meeting SNIA Liaison Report

Arnold Jones 08/17/16

f16122r3
ACS-4 Random Write Resources Used statistic

Random Write Resources Used device statistic

Jim Hatfield 08/17/16

f16153r0
Data Preserving Depopulation

Model and commands to enable Data Preserving Depopuation

Joe Breher 08/17/16

f16100r3
ACS-4 Volatile cache interactions

ACS-4 Volatile cache interactions (based on F15144 for ZAC)

Jim Hatfield 08/16/16

f16128r1
Clarifications on NCQ encapsulation

Clarifications on NCQ encapsulation

Jim Hatfield 08/16/16

f16150r2
Discovery of SCT WRITE SAME capabilities

Item 90 on the ACS-4 issues list reads: Provide some indication of which SCT sub-commands are support ed (e.g. there are 4 or 5 different versions of SCT WRITE SAME), possibly in the SCT Status response page (E0h). This proposal is intended to address this issue.

Neil Wanamaker 08/16/16

f16154r0
August 2016 Plenary minutes

Minutes of the August T13 plenary meeting

William Martin 08/16/16

f16123r6
Offline Logical DePop

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element. furether review comments

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 08/14/16

f16123r5
Offline Logical DePop

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element. cleanup of what r4 should have been - r3 with change racking re-baselined

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 08/05/16

f16123r4
Offline Logical DePop

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element. rev r4 - r3 with change racking re-baselined

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 08/05/16

f16123r3
Offline Logical DePop

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element. rev r2 incorporating discussion comments.

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 08/05/16

f16152r0
Change to boilerplate text in plenary minutes

Change to boilerplate text in plenary minutes regarding attendance rules

Jim Hatfield 08/04/16

f16151r0
ZAC-2 Misc changes

Misc. changes to ZAC-2

Jim Hatfield 08/02/16

f16122r2
ACS-4 Device Maintenance Extensions

Random Write Resources device statistic

Jim Hatfield 08/02/16

f16150r1
Discovery of SCT WRITE SAME capabilities

Item 90 on the ACS-4 issues list reads: Provide some indication of which SCT sub-commands are support ed (e.g. there are 4 or 5 different versions of SCT WRITE SAME), possibly in the SCT Status response page (E0h). This proposal is intended to address this issue.

Neil Wanamaker 07/26/16

f16150r0
Discovery of SCT WRITE SAME capabilities

Item 90 on the ACS-4 issues list reads: Provide some indication of which SCT sub-commands are support ed (e.g. there are 4 or 5 different versions of SCT WRITE SAME), possibly in the SCT Status response page (E0h). This proposal is intended to address this issue.

Neil Wanamaker 07/26/16

f16149r0
Download Microcode Mode 3 discovery

DM OFFSETS IMMEDIATE SUPPORTED and DM MODE 3 SUPPORTED appear to mean the same thing but are defined to be different.

Neil Wanamaker 07/26/16

f16148r0
Resolving inconsistency for PRIO field between ACS-4 and SATA-3.3

SATA-3.3 does not specify a PRIO field for the ABORT NCQ QUEUE command. The ACS-4 definition of the ABORT NCQ QUEUE command includes a PRIO field.

Neil Wanamaker 07/25/16

f16147r0
Definition of SRST bit location and setting of DEV bit

The bit position of the SRST bit is no longer defined in SATA-3.3, and the DEV bit is no longer defined in SATA-3.3.

Neil Wanamaker 07/25/16

f16103r3
T10 Liaison Report for July 2016

2016 T10 Liaison Reports to T13

Ralph Weber 07/21/16

f16123r2
Offline Logical DePop

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element. rev r2 incorporating discussion comments.

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 07/20/16

f16140r1
New Data Set Management Attributes Proposal for ACS-4

This proposal discusses the need and details for extending the currently defined Data Set Management (DSM) attributes.

Nathan Obr 07/12/16

f16145r0
SNIA Task Force on Datacenter Storage

SNIA has created a task force to explore organizational activities toward accelerating Data Center features in storage devices by using Open Source and working with existing standards bodies such as T13.

Mark Carlson 07/05/16

f13162r1
AST-2 Issues List

AST-2 Issues List

John Geldman 06/22/16

f16143r0
Expose Flash presentation

Presentation by Extreme Protocol Solutions about verification that data was securely destroyed.

Roger Gagnon 06/22/16

f13152r9
ACS-4 Codepoints Tracking

Spreadsheet of assigned codepoints, log offsets, etc.

Ralph Weber 06/22/16

f16134r1
Clarification of normal mode for SECURITY ERASE UNIT

Clarification of normal mode for SECURITY ERASE UNIT

Jim Hatfield, Jeff Wiles 06/22/16

f16132r1
Project Proposal - ACS-3 Amendment 1

This admendment adds missing content that was approved for inclusion in ACS-3, fixes known technical errors and typos

John Geldman 06/21/16

f16136r0
ZAC-2 Device Statistics

ZAC-2 Device Statistics

Jim Hatfield 06/16/16

f16122r1
ACS-4 Device Maintenance Extensions

Device Maintenance extensions

Jim Hatfield 06/09/16

f16141r0
Filesystem Metadata Physical Fragmentation

Presentation on FTL fragmentation from file system activity in both DAS and cloud.

Nathan Obr 06/08/16

f16140r0
New Data Set Management Attributes Proposal for ATA8-ACS4

This proposal discusses the need and details for extending the currently defined Data Set Management (DSM) attributes.

Nathan Obr 06/08/16

f16138r0
Miscellaneous ACS-4 trivia

Issues found when exploring the dark corners of ACS-4

Neil Wanamaker 06/06/16

f16139r0
Simplified query for state of single zone

Reports state of single zone.

Neil Wanamaker 06/06/16

f14133r2
Hybrid Information feature

Hybrid Information feature (translated from SATA Revision 3.2)

Jim Hatfield 06/06/16

f16124r0
April 2016 plenary Minutes

Minutes of April 2016 plenary meeting

Bill Martin 05/18/16

f16134r0
Clarification of normal mode for SECURITY ERASE UNIT

Clarification of normal mode for SECURITY ERASE UNIT

Jim Hatfield, Jeff Wiles 05/18/16

f16103r2
T10 Liaison Report for May 2016

2016 T10 Liaison Reports to T13

Ralph Weber 05/14/16

f16133r0
Queue Depth Reporting

The queue depth field in word 75 has not been moved to the IDENTIFY DEVICE data log

Curtis E. Stevens 05/02/16

f16132r0
Project Proposal - ACS-3 Amendment 1

This admendment adds missing content that was approved for inclusion in ACS-3, fixes known technical errors and typos

John Geldman 05/02/16

f16125r2
Sense Data default behavior update

This changes the behavior of sense data reporting to retain its setting across a variety of resets

Curtis E. Stevens 04/28/16

f16123r1
Offline Logical DePop

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 04/26/16

f16130r0
Meeting announcement - June 2016 plenary

Meeting announcement - June 2016 plenary

Jim Hatfield 04/25/16

f16101r4
Advanced Background Operations

Advanced Background Operations (split from f15123-Storage Intelligence)

Bill Martin and Jim Hatfield 04/22/16

f13107r34
ACS-4 Issues List

Issues tracking for ACS-4

Curtis E. Stevens 04/20/16

f16125r1
Sense Data default behavior update

This changes the behavior of sense data reporting to retain its setting across a variety of resets

Curtis E. Stevens 04/20/16

f16126r1
SFF-8447 Reporting

Reports that the device complies with SFF-8447 for the total number of LBAs returned

Curtis E. Stevens 04/20/16

f16120r1
ACS-4: Correction to handling of policy conflicts for SANITIZE

Limit failure of SANITIZE STATUS EXT to cases where request attempts to override failure policy

Neil Wanamaker 04/20/16

f16118r2
Allow device managed ZAC device to use report zones & reset write pointers command

Allow device managed ZAC device to use report zones & reset write pointers command to enable use of reduced ZAC command set.

Patrick Hery 04/20/16

f16118r1
Allow device managed ZAC device to use report zones & reset write pointers command

Allow device managed ZAC device to use report zones & reset write pointers command to enable use of reduced ZAC command set.

Patrick Hery 04/20/16

f16128r0
Clarifications on NCQ encapsulation

Clarifications on NCQ encapsulation

Jim Hatfield 04/20/16

f16127r0
ACS-4 New Device Statistics

ACS-4 New Device Statistics

Jim Hatfield 04/19/16

f16122r0
ACS-4 Device Maintenance Enhancements

Additional Device Maintenance indicators

Jim Hatfield 04/19/16

f16100r2
ACS-4 Volatile cache interactions

ACS-4 Volatile cache interactions (based on F15144 for ZAC)

Jim Hatfield 04/19/16

f16101r3
Advanced Background Operations

Advanced Background Operations (split from f15123-Storage Intelligence)

Bill Martin and Jim Hatfield 04/19/16

f16101r2
Advanced Background Operations

Advanced Background Operations (split from f15123-Storage Intelligence)

Bill Martin and Jim Hatfield 04/19/16

f16126r0
SFF-8447 Reporting

Reports that the device complies with SFF-8448 for the total number of LBAs returned

Curtis E. Stevens 04/19/16

f16125r0
Sense Data default behavior update

This changes the behavior of sense data reporting to retain its setting across a variety of resets

Curtis E. Stevens 04/19/16

f16105r2
Trim Annex

There are many industry issues associated with the current description of Trim. This document closes some holes in the Trim function and creates a new Annex more fully describing Trim.

Curtis E. Stevens 04/19/16

f16100r1
ACS-4 Volatile cache interactions

ACS-4 Volatile cache interactions (based on F15144 for ZAC)

Jim Hatfield 04/19/16

f16123r0
Offline Logical DePop

A new feature that 'offlines' a physical element

Joe Breher, Jim Hatfield, Mark Carlson 04/18/16

f16105r1
Trim Annex

There are many industry issues associated with the current description of Trim. This document closes some holes in the Trim function and creates a new Annex more fully describing Trim.

Curtis E. Stevens 04/11/16

f16120r0
ACS-4: Correction to handling of policy conflicts for SANITIZE

Limit failure of SANITIZE STATUS EXT to cases where request attempts to override failure policy

Neil Wanamaker 04/06/16

f14171r1
SATA-IO / INCITS 2014 Copyright Agreement

Signed SATA-IO copyright agreement agreed by the SATA-IO board. This version has yet to be signed by both parties.

Curtis E. Stevens 04/06/16

f16118r0
Allow device managed ZAC device to use report zones & reset write pointers command

Allow device managed ZAC device to use report zones & reset write pointers command to enable use of reduced ZAC command set.

Patrick Hery 04/04/16

f16103r1
T10 Liaison Reports for March 2016

2016 T10 Liaison Reports to T13

Ralph Weber 03/31/16

f16117r0
Webex notes - Joint T10/T13 - Online Logical DePop

Notes from the joint T10/T13 webex on Online Logical DePop

Joe Breher 03/30/16

f16116r0
T13 annual report to INCITS FOR 2015

T13 annual report to INCITS FOR 2015

Jim Hatfield 03/14/16

f16115r0
What is an 'ATA device command' & who cares?

Settle a T10 argument in the place where it matters

Ralph Weber 03/08/16

f13107r33
ACS-4 Issues List

Issues tracking for ACS-4

Ralph Weber 02/18/16

f16114r0
Ad Hoc meeting announcement - 3/2/2016

Ad Hoc meeting to discuss F16101 - Advanced Background Operations

Jim Hatfield 02/11/16

f16113r0
ZAC-2 Issues List

Issues/actions tracking for ZAC-2

Curtis Stevens (R. Weber) 02/10/16

f16109r1
Rounding out NCQ Encapsulation specs

Add missing non-normative encapsulation fields (e.g., count) to encapsulation subclauses

Ralph Weber 02/10/16

f16111r0
Simple ZAC idea slides

Slides to show Toshiba's idea for a Simple ZAC implementation.

Patrick Hery 02/10/16

f16106r1
Online Logical DePop - an introductory presentation

chalk talk to convey principles ahead of anticipated detailed proposals - now with errant rights reservation removed

Joe Breher 02/10/16

f15172r1
Project Proposal for Zoned Device ATA Command Set - 2 (ZAC-2)

INCITS new project proposal for Zoned Device ATA Command Set - 2 (ZAC-2)

Ralph Weber 02/10/16

f16110r0
ISO/IEC NWIP for ACS-3

Requests a new ISO/IEC project to publish ACS-3

Fred Knight 02/10/16

f16109r0
Rounding out NCQ Encapsulation specs

Add missing non-normative encapsulation fields (e.g., count) to encapsulation subclauses

Ralph Weber 02/10/16

f14178r1
The Second HBA-2 Issues List

HBA-2 Action List with note that all proposals have been withdrawn

John Geldman 02/09/16

f14172r2
ISO ACS-3 Issues List

List of changes to be applied to ACS-3 before sending to ISO for further processing

Ralph Weber 02/09/16

f16107r0
Review of ISO/IEC ACS-3 Changes from ANSI

PDF comparison showing changes between ANSI published ACS-3 and ISO/IEC CD

Ralph Weber 02/09/16

f16106r0
Online Logical DePop - an introductory presentation

chalk talk to convey principles ahead of anticipated detailed proposals

Joe Breher 02/09/16

f16105r0
Trim Annex

There are many industry issues associated with the current description of Trim. This document closes some holes in the Trim function and creates a new Annex more fully describing Trim.

Curtis E. Stevens 02/05/16

f16103r0
T10 Liaison Reports for January 2016

2016 T10 Liaison Reports to T13

Ralph Weber 02/01/16

f16101r1
Advanced Background Operations

Advanced Background Operations (split from f15123-Storage Intelligence)

Bill Martin and Jim Hatfield 02/01/16

f16102r0
Recommend Dan Colegrove for Emeritus status

Recommend Dan Colegrove for Emeritus status

Jim Hatfield 01/25/16

f16101r0
Advanced Background Operations

Advanced Background Operations (split from f15123-Storage Intelligence)

Bill Martin and Jim Hatfield 01/25/16

f16100r0
ACS-4 Volatile cache interactions

ACS-4 Volatile cache interactions (based on F15144 for ZAC)

Jim Hatfield 01/25/16

f13107r32
ACS-4 Issues List

Issues tracking for ACS-4

Ralph Weber 01/19/16

f15151r1
ACS-4 Identify Log Additions

Addition of additional vendor specific log allocations

Dan Colegrove 01/07/16

f15173r0
ACS-4 Security State Machine Fix

The SEC1:SEC1 transition should also happen upon successful completion of a sanitize operation.

Paul Suhler 01/05/16

f15164r1
ACS-4: Normative Assistance for Rebuild Assist

Add a missing device requirement to Rebuild Assist feature set

Ralph Weber 01/05/16

0000822463    Copyright © 2017, Technical Committee T13 AT Attachment. All rights reserved.
Last update on 02/28/2008